About Withernsea YC
Withernsea YC is an area of wild beauty with unusual finds, from a submerged forest to the fascinating history of the ship battered Pier.
This is great for outdoor enthusiasts, and nature lovers should set up a base at one of the many parks in and around the area.
Here are our six iconic Withernsea YC moments we don't think you should miss:
- Get Wild! and jump on a Safari at Yorkshires very own Lands End, Spurn Point. See the sites as you bounce around over the dunes on the way to the tip of the peninsula.
- An Emma Stothard Sculpture, Spurn Butterfly, is at the lighthouse base at Spurn Point, nestling into the undergrowth. Check-in and share your photos of the butterfly as it oxidises with the wild and salty air.
- In the small, yet mighty town of Withernsea, stop by the iconic Pier Towers. Not only a great natural frame to the beach and sea, but a great place to check-in and find out more about the eroding coastline, history of the sea ravaged pier that has washed away, but you can also see what wildlife you will get to see in the area.
- Not all Route YC experiences need to be active and adrenaline-seeking, and we think every route should combine R&R to refresh a weary mind and soul! Two great Spas to check into are both in Patrington, The Retreat and The Country Club and what's even better is that the food is excellent too!
- You can hunt for fossils everywhere along the Yorkshire Coast, but there is an extra special treat at Tunstall beach that reveals itself when the sea retreats. So plan your trip wisely to head to Tunstall beach when the tide is out, so you get the chance to see the remains of an ancient, submerged forest on the seabed floor.
- Up your accommodation goals and book a luxury lodge with a hot tub to use as your Withernsea YC base. Fairview Lodges set a short drive from Withernsea, and Patrington is in the heart of the route and will give you luxury, uniqueness and tranquillity.
There are plenty of things to do in Withernsea YC -- what will you add to your itinerary?
Travelling throughout Withernsea YC
All vehicles: Take care of the narrow and winding country roads and look for the stopping places.
Book your activities in advance to maximise your time away, especially if you are looking for a personalised wildlife experience.
Explore more on foot, or you'll miss the beauty! So, park up the car and explore on bike or foot, but save the bus timetable to get you back to your base.
This is our top route for those wanting to have a bit of #JOMO, and a bucket list destination is heading down to Yorkshires very own Lands End.